Terms and Conditions
Our terms of sale
This is the information you need to know when considering a making a purchase from this website.
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the sale of all goods online between Browns Fine Art Limited and whose registered office address is 52 Combe Park, Bath, BA1 3NH, UK (“we/us”) and any visitors (“you”) to the website at www.peterbrownneac.com (“Site”). For all pre- and post-sale enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No contract shall exist between you and us for the sale of any goods until we accept your order after payment online.
- By placing an order for any goods with age restrictions, you declare that you are age eighteen or over in order to purchase the goods.
- The price and description of the goods are displayed on our Site. Such information is subject to change without notice. Note that all original artworks are supplied framed. The size of the artwork stated on the website is the size of the board or canvas only and does not include the frame. Please keep this in mind if you are buying an artwork to fit a specific space. If you want to enquire about the dimensions including the frame, please contact Peter.
- Subject to clauses 4 and 6, the price you shall pay for the goods is the price displayed on our Site at the time we receive your order. The price of the goods shown is inclusive of VAT. Note that if the shipping destination is outside the EU, UK VAT will be deducted from the price. However, please be aware that your purchase may be subject to import duty in the destination shipping country. You may choose to pay by credit or debit card, or email us at email@example.com if you would like to pay by cheque.
- In the event that you order an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether, in which case we will issue a full refund of any amount charged.
- We offer free postage and packaging on ALL UK orders. For overseas customers we offer free P&P on original artwork orders only. Non-artwork orders (books, prints, calenders, DVDs, postcard) are subject to an additional charge for P&P which will be calculated and added at checkout before you complete the transaction.
- We endeavour to ensure that all of the items shown on the Site are accurately represented. There may, however, be some slight variations (and this should be expected) between what you see and what you receive in any order, which you agree to accept, provided the variations are not substantial. We may correct any typographical or other errors or omissions in any online entry, sales literature, quotation or other online document relating to the sale of the goods without any liability to you.
- We take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure by using a third-party payment provider who uses encryption technology, making our pages secure. Accordingly, unless we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to your information, either on our Site or our payment provider’s.
- The price of the goods is payable in full at point of sale.
- Receipts for payment will be sent by email after payment for any purchases made online from the Site. All goods remain our property until cleared payment is received from you.
- All goods are subject to availability.
- If we are unable, for any reason, to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of providing you with substitute goods of equivalent quality and price, or a full refund.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, and in any event within thirty days of your order. We always aim to dispatch goods promptly, but there may be delays in the event of holidays, etc. If we are unable to deliver the goods within thirty days of your order, we will inform you as soon as possible and you will be entitled to cancel the order and obtain a refund or re-credit for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery.
- We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address given by you for delivery at the time you place the order. If there is no-one at the address given who is competent to accept delivery of the goods, you will be notified of an alternative delivery date or a place to collect the goods.
- We will bear the risk of the goods delivered to you whilst in transit, unless you have chosen your own courier, in which case the risk will pass when we have delivered the goods to your chosen courier.
Right to Cancel
- You may cancel an order for goods for any reason within fourteen working days, beginning with the day on which you received the goods.
- If you wish to cancel an order within this timeframe, you should notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods.
- When returning goods, it is your responsibility to take reasonable care to see that the goods are not damaged, either whilst in your possession or in transit. We reserve the right to deduct a charge to put the item back into the condition in which it was sold where it has been damaged or is showing signs of wear and tear.
- You must return the goods within fourteen days of cancellation and at your own expense. We shall provide a full refund for goods returned or cancelled in accordance with these Terms as soon as possible and in any event within a period not exceeding fourteen days of receiving the goods back or proof that they have been sent back (whichever earlier). Any other refund not satisfying the above conditions will be made at our discretion only. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The goods are warranted free from defects in material and workmanship for three months from delivery. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by us, failure to follow our instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without our approval. This warranty does not affect your rights as a consumer.
- If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty, or you have any other complaint about the goods, please email us at the address given above.
- If either you or we are in breach of these Terms, neither of us will be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the breach and shall not in any event include losses related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
- The entire liability of either you or us in respect of any claim in connection with these Terms shall not exceed the price paid for the goods in question.
We shall not be liable to you for any failure to deliver the goods that have been ordered by you or any delay, damage or defect to the goods collected which is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
English law applies to these terms and conditions and any sale of goods to which they apply and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all matters arising from these Terms.